Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fitness Fun #1

I have officially completed two weeks of Insanity! When I got the program for my birthday in March, my husband and I started doing Insanity together. We quickly couldn't find time to keep doing the program together due to college classes and work not lining up. The days he had class early, I didn't and the days I had class early he didn't.  Way back in March we made it through the first week and into a few days on the second week. I'm thrilled that I have came this far in the program!
Since joining this challenge group I have found that I have lost my excuses not to work out. I know that I need to and that I have to report back on what workout I did. Granted, I could just say that I did the workout when I really didn't, but who is that hurting? ME! It will show when my progression pictures aren't showing progress and my measurements aren't changing for the better. I have fell in love with the feeling after having a wonderful workout.
I've made it a game with myself when I'm working out to see how many calories I can burn during a certain move. It keeps me pushing harder when I feel like quitting. Most recently, my personal highest burn for a workout has been 524 calories!
What's something that keeps you motivated to working out? It's said that a habit is formed in 21 days. Well I'm 14 days down WOOOHOOO!
I have to admit that my eating hasn't been as on track as I would like it. I am drinking Shakeology every day which has all of my servings of fruits & veggies in it. I wouldn't have guessed that it tastes as good as it actual does because it is so healthy. My favorite recipe so far is 1 scoop Shakeology, 1 cup Almond Milk , 1/4 tsp of Mint Extract and Ice. A little water may need to be added as well depending on the amount of ice that was added and how thick you want it.

A few of my favorite healthy alternatives will be posted soon.
As always, comments and emails are welcome.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment