Saturday, July 13, 2013

Easy Turkey Chili

      I recently have crafted a turkey chili recipe. I had no real idea what I was doing. I marched into Wegman's knowing that I needed ground turkey, tomatoes (the recipe I was going to use called for stewing tomatoes), black beans with chili seasoning and corn. I found the ground turkey with no problem. The trouble came when I went to look for the stewing tomatoes I couldn't find them originally, and when I did end up finding them SUGAR was the second ingredient. NO THANK YOU! I took a venture down the aisle a few steps and found these
I was beyond pleased to find no sugar added! 
I settled for some black beans because again I had no idea what I was doing now that I decided I wasn't going to use the recipe I originally was going to use. It wasn't until I walked down the taco aisle and saw this
`Yes I realize this has added sugar, but because of how low on the ingredients it was I decided to let it slide. I put the beans I originally had back and put these beans in my cart. 
I found no salt added corn to add to my chili as well (without a problem)

When I got home I couldn't resist starting to make the chili. I began by browning the turkey


While the turkey was browning I opened up the cans of corn, tomatoes and beans and dumped them into a pot.It should be noted that I drained the corn, but not the beans & tomatoes.

Once the turkey was browned I added that into the mix

and mixed all the ingredients together

Now I just covered the pot and let it simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
The tomatoes cook down and it becomes less liquid-y 
Spoon it into a bowl and enjoy (even add cheese if you wish).
This is so delicious, quick & easy !! 
ENJOY

Let me know if you tried this recipe out & how you enjoyed it.
As always, comments & emails are always welcome.

Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment